Getting Started is Easy

Can I still get an individual health plan for myself or my family?

2016 Open enrollment is now closed, however you may still qualify for a Special Election Period (SEP) if you have a qualifying event.

What is a SEP or qualifying event you ask?

  • If you have a baby or adopt a child you have a qualifying event and coverage can start the day after the event.
  • If you get married, lose group health coverage, move to a new state or your Cobra is running out you may qualify for a SEP and coverage can start the first of the month following loss. The key is to apply before your coverage ends so you don’t have a lapse in coverage. If you can’t complete the application process that quickly, don’t worry, you do have 60 days after a loss of coverage to apply you will just have a later effective date.

There are other events that can qualify you for an SEP here are just a few;

  • Turning 26 and aging off of your parents plan,
  • Becoming a U.S. Citizen,
  • Change in dependency status.

We are here to help you look at your options and find the plan that is right for you. You may also qualify for help paying for your health plan. Call Kuzneski Financial Group and let us help you find the right plan at the right price.


More information available at

Vickie Davidson

Vickie has been a KIG account manager for more than 20 years and is our resident Medicare expert. She lives in Myrtle Beach, S.C., with her husband, and was a remote employee long before working from home was "in." Vickie loves getting to spend time with her grandkids and, despite her location, is still a huge Pittsburgh sports fan.

Share Your Thoughts