Free Dental Clinic Coming to Pittsburgh
Did you know that 6 million adults in the U.S. lost their dental insurance during the COVID-19 pandemic? That brings the total to an estimated 76.5 million Americans, according to the Institute For Oral Health.
To help address the situation regionally, a free dental care clinic called Mission of Mercy Pittsburgh is returning on Aug. 5 and 6, 2022, to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Last year, the clinic offered about 6,000 procedures worth about $750,000 of care -- including cleanings, fillings, root canals, and extractions.
And new this year are free eye exams and hearing services.
We here at KIG are passionate about the importance of preventive health care, because we know it can go a long way toward keeping the cost of health care down. So we feel it's important to share the details of this event:
- Doors open at 6 a.m., and the clinic starts at 7 a.m.
- No eligibility or insurance requirements.
- No appointments -- services are on a first-come, first-served basis until capacity is reached.
- Adults and children ages 2 and older are welcome.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Military veterans are prioritized for procedures.